Friday 15 November 2013

when you talk to me like that

do you know how you sound when you talk to me like that?

for a split second, i don't even know you. you become a stranger

that, given the choice, i wouldn't even associate myself with.


you ball up your words and hurl them as grenades, aiming for

areas that will suffer most from the impact and, if by some miracle

i remain in tact, you'll find something heavier to catapult my way.


there's hardly anything i can do or say, not without the risk of

making things even worse which seems to be the relentless curse

tied to the action of me opening my mouth.


i will stutter out vowels that you will punctuate with your

unimpressed scowls and soon i will begin to search for my

rock, that i may crawl back under it, where i am safe. ish.


you use unflattering adjectives in a grammatically incorrect

manner, pieced together with a wrench and rusty spanner as

if i'm not worthy of full and proper insults.


                             do you know how you sound when you talk to me like that?

for a split second, i don't even know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment